The 3DMCV7 offers tactical grade inertial performance in the smallest and lightest OEM package yet. It is available in IMU/AHRS (attitude and heading reference system) and IMU/AR (attitude reference) options. Each 3DMCV7 is individually calibrated for optimal performance over a wide range of operating conditions.
Parker’s Auto-Adaptive Extended Kalman Filter has been designed from the ground up to deliver consistently reliable results in even the most challenging environments.
Cutting-edge orientation algorithms, advanced internal time management, and a flexible event triggering system put the 3DMCV7 in a league of its own when it comes to price versus performance.
3DMCV7 Key Features
• Extensive time synchronization optimization for time alignment with external sensors, such as cameras or LiDAR
• Precision data timestamping and low latency output optimized for time-critical control applications
• 1 KHz output data rate for all channels
Extended Kalman Filter for Orientation Estimation
• Integrated vibration identification and rejection
• IMU bias error tracking improves performance over traditional complementary filters
• Reduces attitude error due to linear acceleration
• Integrated magnetometer allows for absolute heading tracking (AHRS-only)
• Tactical grade gyro (1.5°/hour bias instability)
• User-adjustable gyro and accel ranges
• Calibrated over full temperature range
• Complete digital calibration report available for each unit
• Continuous Built-In-Test for integrity monitoring
• Factory supported ROS1 and ROS2 driver
• Multi-language (C++, Python, Matlab, LabVIEW) software communications library simplifies custom software development
• Connectivity kit and USB support allows for rapid prototyping
• Smaller size, lower power than previous generations
• Optimized for low cost, volume production OEM applications
• Aluminum mounting frame improves performance over solder-down modules by isolating sensitive MEMS components from board stresses